Open Call - PARTICIPATE 2023
Are you from a DUF member organization? Do you want to be a part of the youth network PARTICIPATE and attend an international seminar in Zimbabwe? Apply now!
In 2022 DUF, Youth Alive! Kenya and Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust (YETT) in Zimbabwe kick started a new international network. The purpose is to engage young people in civil society through projects and focusses on democracy, dialogue, and participation.
In 2023 the international seminar will be held in Zimbabwe. The aim with the international seminar is to engage with other young people and to create youth-led project in your own organization.
Besides participating in the international seminar, you have to attend a small seminar in Denmark, a meeting before takeoff and be willing to create and work on a youth-led project in your organization.
- The seminar in Denmark gathers 6 young people form DUFs member organization who will investigate themes like; What is democracy and the democratic conversation, democratic action, participation, advocacy and influence in society, partnerships, and global solidarity. Furthermore, you will be skill build in dialogue, way of living a democratic life and how to do international projects like a boss!
- The international PARTICIPATE seminar is a network across borders where you will interact with awesome young people from Kenya and Zimbabwe and talk about how to engage young people in civil society and democracy. There will be a focus on equal partnerships and how to create sustainable projects within your organization. The seminar will be 1 week with lots of time to get to know each other and know more about Kenya and Zimbabwe
- We expect from you that you afterwards will do a project in your organization that focuses on democracy, dialogue, and/or youth participation. At the seminar in Zimbabwe, we will kickstart the idea for the project. You can afterwards get advice from the DUF office to implement the project.
- The language will be in English to make sure that all participants have the same conceptual understanding of the themes in Denmark, Kenya, and Zimbabwe.
The Danish PARTICIPATE team:
- The team will consist of 6 highly motivated young people from 3 different DUF member organizations. It means you have to apply with a partner from your organization.
Dates to attend:
- The seminar in Denmark: from 1st of September from 15.00 to 2nd of September to 18.00. The seminar will be located at Fyn.
- Online meeting before takeoff: Wednesday 27 of September 16:30 to 18:00.
- International seminar: NEW DATES 11 - 19 November (both days included)
We will serve dinner/lunch and refreshments at all the seminars, and you do not need to prepare anything beforehand.
- DUF cover all costs (transportation national and international, food, vaccinations, insurance, visa etc.)
- Highly motivated, wanting to network and learn more.
- Age between 18-30.
- Be able to participate in the seminars/meetings in Denmark and the international PARTICIPATE seminar in Zimbabwe.
- Be a volunteer in one of DUFs member organization.
- You need to apply two and two together form the same DUF member organization.
- It is not a requirement that you have a lot of knowledge and experience with global networks and international projects. The focus is on learning and participation. All you need is to be motivated, eager to learn and wanting to meet peers from Kenya and Zimbabwe.
- The application should be made together with your co-volunteer from the organization. It must consist of:
- Your motivation for participating in the youth network PARTICIPATE
- How your organization can benefit from your participation
- There is free application method – Send a motivation letter, power point presentation, movie, pictures, a collage, podcast, paintings, scrapbook, brochure etc.
- No need to send a CV or list of achievements – we value engagement, commitment, and motivation.
Application deadline the 2nd of July 2022 at 23.55.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Apply here via this form.
Questions can be forwarded to: Celine Lilienhoff Jagd at email@example.com and 60 20 14 12